Skip to main content

What I like about you...you keep me warm at night

Loving you

What I like about you?...

Do you ever ask yourself this question when you're thinking about your significant other?

I never used to...

However, lately, I find myself asking that question about Sweet very often. It's not that I am looking for any form of confirmation of why I am in love with her but it's more along the lines of finding more and more reasons why I am in love with her. Believe me, they tend to keep adding up as the days go by.

Surprisingly...I was very amazed at how many reasons pop up just off the top of my head

Things like:

  • Eye Color (Her eyes are this beautiful blend of blue and green...They make me melt
  • The way her glasses rest on the bridge of her nose...it's highly sexy and intoxicating and I don't even know why...
  • The way her hair looks in the morning when she first wakes up. It's never really messy, it just lays there so elegantly and gracefully...matched with her eyes she looks so much like a goddess when she first wakes up...
  • Facial Expressions, she has this thing where when she gets annoyed she purses her lips and her eyes get smaller and she gets this sort of seductive but 'tasty' look on her face. I so just want to bite her on the nose and squeeze the hell out of her...hold her tight against my body...oh lordy...
  • The way she eats her meals. It's a true treat to get to watch her eat. Anything from burritos and sammiches to cereal and pizza. I love watching her.
  • Her arguing skills...Oh, my GOD, can she argue with me. She frustrates the hell out of me and makes me so mad but at the same time, I love it...Because it reminds me that I am not dating a dumbass but I am dating a real woman that has her own ideas and thoughts and for the hell of it...I can't break her. I love how hard headed she is...it makes me happy to know that she will keep me on my toes and won't take any shit from anyone, myself included.
  • Handling my insecurities. I tend to go through bouts where it's not so much that I am insecure about myself as a person or what I have to offer but its more so that I tend to think about all of the what-ifs that could possibly happen. For the most part, just hearing her voice makes me feel a lot better about what ever situation I had been worrying about. 
  • She sings...to me. I love her voice and her singing sounds like an angel whispering in my ear. 
  • She nags me...I love it. However, there are times where I have to laugh at it because a lot of the things she nags me about, I have to also nag her about. Like eating, sleeping, drinking proper amounts of fluids, eating the right type of foods. Seeing as how we both have special dietary aspects that we need to pay close to attention to.

Those are just a handful of things that fall off the tip of my tongue when I think about all the things I like love about Sweet.

She makes me feel warm, even on the coldest of nights. Inside and out. 

However, I can say that I am curious to why she makes me so happy. I haven't been able to peg what exactly it is about her that makes me feel the way that she makes me feel...but one thing is for sure...she's damn good at it. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghosted and goodbyes.

Well you are gone like you were never here at all, but you didn't break me.. I love me. I loved you and i forgive you. I hope you can forgive me. I wish you the best. I hope you succeed in your dreams. I've moved on. He's really great. He's 37. He has a kid. He thinks I'm great. I think i could fall in love. Which is weird because i still love you. But what we had was not healthy and that's why it couldn't work long term. If ever you want to be friends. I'm down for that. You are no longer my whole world. HAPPY birthday to me.  Goodbye and best wishes.

Living In a Dream.

The simplest things...like this scenery, I want to share it all with Sweet.  Ever wake up thinking to yourself that you're still inside of a dream? Every day for a little over eight months has been that way for me.  The surreality of this life (this life that will soon evolve to not just having me but also four others) seems to hit me most when I first wake up...I guess it's because I wake up happy now. Most mornings I grab at my phone to cut my alarm off, but there is a small sweet moment for me when I swipe past my lock code for my alarm and land on my home screen. There is usually at least one notification lit up on one of the various messenger apps that Sweet and I use. She makes my mornings worth waking up for, just to read that simple "Morning Baby". At first, the words felt so foreign to me. Maybe because I was not used to showing affection with past relationships, but so rapidly did the foreign feeling begin to fade away. Now it's basi

Once Upon a Time

Once Upon a time... Isn't that how all fairytales begin, or how they used to anyway? How does one begin a modern day fairytale? I suppose in the beginning I have to introduce you to the main characters, or in this case I need to introduce myself. I'm... We will go with Sweet. I'm 36 years old (37 is only a little over a month away.) I'm a mom of three kids aged 11 (SurferDude) , 10(Redneck), and 7(The Princess). I am currently living in small town Missouri. I've been married and divorced, and married... and still awaiting the divorce papers even though we've been separated for almost 6 years. It's amicable enough at this point and we are great at co-parenting our 3 children most of time. He lives across the country in upstate NY, so quite a trek for the kids twice a year. Long story short, when my ex (We'll call him Vanilla) and I split, I "came out" as a lesbian.. except I quickly discovered that I still found men attractive so